Founded in 1849 in the Opera district in Paris, the Moynat house quickly became a reference in the luggage industry. Renowned for its traditional know-how, Moynat became most famous for its designs in the world of automobile, as well as its innovations which enabled luggage to be less heavy and waterproof. This is without mentioning Moynat participation to the World Exhibits.
Fallen into disuse, the house closed its last store in 1976 but continued to exist tossed from owner to owner until it was acquired by LVMH in March 2010.
1873 wicker trunk
Light Moynat wicker trunk called English.
The model was later improved thanks to a new patent filed in 1889.
1902 Limousine trunk
For Automobile, curved bottom, which exactly matches the curve of the roof of the car – this included 5 patents.
1904 Trunk with heels
Invention of the trunk with heels for automobile. The heels elevate the trunks to avoid any deterioration of body of the car and ensure air circulate between the roof and luggage avoiding humidity.
Invention of the extra light and unbreakable trunk
1912 automobile trunk
Trunk for back cars in form of the body with washable coated canvas
1920 Moynat trunk
Introduction of the original Moynat canvas designed by Henri Rapin. A frame formed by a concatenation of letters M, which makes the discrete and elegant signature of the house.
1925 International exhibition trunk
The trunk of red morocco leather with a pretty studded frieze framing large blue leather palm won the honorary diploma of the International Exhibition of Modern Decorative and Industrial Arts in 1925.
With this red trunk Moynat won 13 medals at the exhibition.
2011 Male luggage
Return of the brand is back on center stage